Well, it turns out that the game is pretty darn good. It's the only game I've been playing on my Xbox for the past month, and I'm still enjoying it. It's definitely addictive, enjoyable, and provides an attractive and fulfilling experience; the kind of experience that I routinely sought after while playing strategy games on the computer.
The pros are obvious to all but it's the cons that bother me and I'll gloss over those:
- Why are the maps so small? Why can't I decide how big or small I want the world to be?
- 5 civilizations every single time? Can't I choose the number and which ones?
- I should be able to make my own maps.
- I prefer longer games, saving it a few times throughout, and that's not possible here
- Different civilizations should have unique weapons and tools. Why is everything the same?